If you want to avoid the summer crowd on the Balearic Islands, you should plan your vacation in winters. January and February are the perfect months to enjoy peaceful vacations on the Balearic Islands. You can enjoy the natural beauty of the islands in your own way. In winters, you can enjoy hiking, biking, or can explore the islands in a car. The lemon and orange trees bear fruit in the winters and look beautiful. In the winters, you can also get a chance to experience cultural events and more entertainment. There are a million of almond trees that blossom into a flower. You may not find too much activity on the Balearic Islands in the winters but the nearby villages still offer you various activities to keep you busy.
Reasons to visit the Balearic Islands in the winters
There are a number of reasons for which you can plan your vacations in winters if you really want to enjoy the natural landscapes, serene natural beauty, calm flowing water, and other activities on the popular Balearic Islands.
• The best reason is that the summer crowds are gone. If you are not a party freak, the winters are the best time to visit the Balearic Islands. You can enjoy the landscape, stunning beaches, cliffs and other wonders of nature.
• All the goodness for which these islands are known is still there. You can still enjoy the stone wall houses, fresh products, delicious cuisines, wonderful atmosphere, the turquoise of blue water, and the beautiful picnic spots, fine sand beaches, high cliffs, and the Mediterranean style of living.
• If you still want to enjoy the nightlife, you can visit in Palma because the Majorca capital keeps celebrating throughout the year. Biking is a beautiful activity during winters. You can explore the Serra de Tramuntana that runs down the west of Majorca and it is a world heritage site.
• If you visit Ibiza in winters, you will get a chance to explore the beautiful island and its stunning beauty. In winters, you can enjoy shopping because winter markets and car boot sales are high in Ibiza in the winters. You can also check out the hippy markets where you can buy trinkets.
• In the winters, you can also enjoy the Medieval Festival that happens in the old town of Ibiza. It is the best time to enjoy entertainment, music, exhibitions, arts and craft items, food, and drinks. People from different cultures and religions take part to celebrate this festival.
• In winters, several restaurants get together and promote local dishes. A program called ‘Degusta’ is organized for the promotion of the local cuisines. They offer special meals with wine at a reasonable price.
• If you visit Formentera, you can enjoy a warm and pleasant environment even in Fall and winter. You can enjoy scuba diving. There are a number of diving spots nearby.
Thus, there is a lot more to do and enjoy on the Balearic islands in winters. If you love peace, winters are the best time to visit the Balearic islands.